In late May and early June we sailed on Holland America Line’s ms Veendam on a 7-day Canada and New England cruise in a category D large ocean-view stateroom.
Here is the view when you step into stateroom #774, which is located mid-ship on Deck 4 or “A” Deck. See the Veendam deck plan here.
Ocean-view stateroom #774 has a comfortable queen-size bed that can be converted into two twin beds. There are two roomy bedside dressers with reading lights, but no plug-ins for charging your phone.
Stateroom #774 features a large sofa, with a table where you could enjoy in-room dining. We did not try room service during this cruise, but we did complete the order form in the wire basket, resulting in fresh fruit delivered to our stateroom daily.
From the bed looking back towards the entrance, you can see the vanity area and the six large drawers for storage. There is a lighted make-up mirror and a hair dryer in the drawer.
The dark brown strip below the make-up mirror contains the only power plugs in this stateroom — one of the outdated issues of this cabin.Also less than ideal, the television screen is small for viewing from the bed. This cabin does not have a refrigerator, but the room steward keeps the ice bucket filled, and sodas and bottled water are available for purchase.
Past the privacy curtain there are two large wardrobe closets with both shelves and hangers to store clothing. Our extra large, Drop Bottom Rolling Duffel suitcases fit under the bed for out-of-the-way storage during our cruise.
The bathroom features a shower in a tub. The ship provides ELEMIS brand of shampoo, conditioner and body wash via dispensers in the shower.
Our bottom line on Category D Ocean-view Stateroom #774 on the Veendam:
- The cabin is spacious with plentiful storage for two people.
- Stateroom #774 is located in the middle of the ship, on the lowest guest deck of the Veendam cruise ship — a perfect location if you worry about ship motion or getting seasick,
- If you don’t want to step into a tub for your shower, look for a different cabin.
- We missed the bedside charging plugs and USB ports that Holland America has installed on its newer ships.
Have you sailed on Holland America’s ms Veendam cruise ship? What stateroom do you recommend?
To tour cabins on other cruise ships, check out these posts:
- A Look Inside a Verandah Stateroom on Holland America’s Nieuw Amsterdam Cruise Ship
- A Look Inside Ocean-View Stateroom 700 on Holland America’s Maasdam Cruise Ship
- A Look Inside Suite 325 on the Seabourn Pride (now the Windstar Pride)
- A Look Inside Interior Cabin #10425 on Royal Caribbean’s Oasis of the Seas
- A Look Inside Ocean-view Stateroom 2641 on Holland America’s Volendam
- A Look Inside Interior Cabin B-625 on the Star Princess Cruise Ship
Powered by WPeMatico